[Wylug-admin] venue update - Old Broadcasting House

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Fri Jul 31 11:59:59 UTC 2009

Hi WYLUGgers

as some of you will be aware, we had a problem getting access to the
venue at the last meeting.

I spoke to Geoff Gifford who arranges this for us and he apologised for
the oversight and made sure all the future meetings are properly booked.

He has given me his mobile number so if it ever were to happen again,
we'd be able to get access (he can get security to let us in).

Rather than broadcast his details here, I'll give it to a couple of
other regulars in case I'm not about.  Please drop me a line if you
think you should have it.

And for future reference, we were able to use the upstairs room of The
Fenton pub across the road from Old Broadcasting House.  It normally
costs money to book, but the manager very kindly let us use it for free
after I asked nicely, pointing out that it wasn't a commercial thing and
we'd all likely buy drinks all night.  Worth knowing as a failback in
future.

Thanks,

John.
--