[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting - Monday 10th December 2001

Jim Jackson wylug-discuss at wylug.org.uk
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 18:23:28 +0000 (GMT)

Greetings all,

Thanks to Jon Harrison of Borland for the talk and demo last month, we had
a fairly full turn out. There was quite a "free flow of ideas" afterwards,
hope that the feedback was useful Jon.

Now It's December - so it's deep technical Kernel stuff :-) Steve and
Nigel have organised us a talk by David Woodhouse, Red Hat UK, on JFFS,
the Journalling Flash File System. Embedded Linux is quite a growth area
and technologies like JFFS are a key part of this.

The meeting will finish round about 8:15pm -ish (dependant on Dave's talk)
so that those indulging in the WYLUG 4th birthday pizza bash can get down
to the restaurant. Over to you Commander Speed :-) By the way, you got
another mobile to trash in a spectacular manner like last year? Or has
your employer removed your mobile license :-)

For the new year, I've got the promise of a couple of talks, one on IPv6
for Jan 14th and one on unixODBC for Feb 11th.

Anyone like to volunteer to do a short talk/demo for Jan/Feb meetings?

Also I'm looking for more talks, long or short, for March onwards.

See you all on Monday,

cheers
Jim

                West Yorkshire Linux Users Group  (WYLUG)

             Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.
                          ----             ------

                      7 pm  Monday 10th December 2001
                         (6:30pm for coffee/tea)

        Presentations:

                     JFFS Journalling Flash File System
                              David Woodhouse
                                 Red Hat UK

             Synopsis of talk
               http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2001/abstracts/jffs.php
             Biography
               http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2001/biographies/woodhouse.php

        WYLUG Venue:  Active Learning Lab.,  (Level 7, near staircase 2)
                      E.C. Stoner Building   (aka Physics/Admin)
                      University of Leeds
                      Woodhouse Lane
                      Leeds UK

             for location of Leeds University & Campus Map see
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus/location-maps.html
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus/physa-1.html
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus/campusmap.html

        General Discussion:

                LINUX  -  News, Views, Question and, hopefully, Answers

                WYLUG  -  what, who, when (and why :-)
                 Especially what happens at future meetings!

WYLUG - West Yorkshire Linux User Group     Organiser: jj@comp.leeds.ac.uk
http://www.wylug.org.uk              email lists: http://list.wylug.org.uk