[Wylug-announce] ShefLUG - Next Meeting

Richard wylug-discuss at wylug.org.uk
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:24:55 +0100 (BST)

       Sheffield Linux Users Group (ShefLUG)

    1 pm Saturday 14th April 2001 finish at about 4 p.m.

 ShefLUG Venue: University of Sheffield
                Mappin Street
                Sheffield S1 4DT
                phone: 0114 278 7211

 for the location of Blackwell's bookshop see

          http://www.multimap.co.uk

you need to dial in the postcode which is S1 4DT. For
information about trams, trains and buses phone 01709
515151.Starting at 1 p.m. Rusty Russell will give a
talk about 2.4 kernel code and related issues.

Rusty Russell is flying in from Oz to give us a talk on
the 2.4 kernel code and related issues. Rusty is well
known for his abilities with a keyboard. Rusty is
best known as packet filter maintainer for the Linux
Kernel. Most recently, he created a generic packet
filtering architecture "netfilter", on top of which he
implemented a new packet filtering and full NAT
systems. His many distractions include editing the
File Hierarchy Standard 2.2, writing Rusty's Unreliable
Guides, and the Linux Graphing Project. We would very
much like to see a large crowd turn up for this meeting.
If you would like to download the flyer for this and
 print it out for the wall at work or for your
school or University then please do. It's not very often
that Rusty comes to this country and we'd like to make
him feel welcome.

 For related information have a look at.......

      http://www.sheflug.co.uk/meeting.html

You might notice that the address for the meeting has changed
from the previous announcement.  Blackwell's at West Street
have now closed and we will  move to another venue in the near
future.

Thank you

Richard

Sheffield Linux
User's Group

             http://www.sheflug.co.uk

       GNU the choice of a complete generation.