[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting - Monday 11th June 2001

Jim Jackson wylug-discuss at wylug.org.uk
Thu, 31 May 2001 16:17:17 +0100 (BST)

Greetings all,

The last meeting turned out well in the end. A VERY big thank you to Phil
Driscoll for standing in at the very last minute and doing a very interesting
intro. talk on PHP. And thanks to Tim for the demo and talk on VMWare - I
appreciated the animations as I'd not seen them before! It was a very good
evening.

Dave Fisher is going to do his delayed PHP talk at the July 9th meeting.

Next meeting is Mon 11th June and is the BSD evening being given by a
collective of BSDers: Ben Smithurst, Nik Clayton, Paul Richards & Brian
Somers.

Unfortunately I won't be there - I'm on holiday. Savio will be the key holder
and Ben Lamb is chairing the meeting. I hope all goes well.

cheers
Jim

                West Yorkshire Linux Users Group  (WYLUG)

             Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.
                          ----             ------

                       7 pm  Monday 11th June 2001
                         (6:30pm for coffee/tea)

        Presentations:

                                BSD Night
           Ben Smithurst, Nik Clayton, Paul Richards, Brian Somers

          The team plan to give a history and overview BSD Unix and
          FreeBSD in particular. They will be comparing it to Linux

        WYLUG Venue:  Active Learning Lab.,  (Level 7, near staircase 2)
                      E.C. Stoner Building   (aka Physics/Admin)
                      University of Leeds
                      Woodhouse Lane
                      Leeds UK

             for location of Leeds University & Campus Map see
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus/location-maps.html
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus/physa-1.html
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus/campusmap.html

        General Discussion:

                LINUX  -  News, Views, Question and, hopefully, Answers

                WYLUG  -  what, who, when (and why :-)
                 Especially what happens at future meetings!

    Followed by beer and drinks at the Victoria Hotel, Great George Street

WYLUG - West Yorkshire Linux User Group     Secretary: jj@comp.leeds.ac.uk
http://www.wylug.org.uk              email lists: http://list.wylug.org.uk