[Wylug-announce] Re: Sheflug - October Meeting

Richard Ibbotson wylug-discuss at wylug.org.uk
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 18:23:08 +0100

                 Sheffield Linux Users Group  (Sheflug)

               Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.

                     1 pm  Saturday 6th October 2001

=09This is a second announcements - we've had a few changes

        Dr Owen le Blanc will talk about network security in
       the home.  Firewalling and other topics will be mentioned.

      Andy Phillips who is working on the port of Linux to the DEC   =20
     Vaxstation says that he would like to give us an informal chat  =20
     about the ups and downs of porting Linux to the platform....

                              http://www.linux-vax.org

         Andrea Spitaleri is with us for a few weeks from the        =20
       University of Pisa. =A0He'll be at the meeting and he may just=20
       give us a chat about molecular modelling and computers. =A0

Before or after the talk we will have our usual question and answer
sessions where people get their machines fixed or their Apache or
Samba server works for the first time.  The meeting will finish at
5p.m.

                 Sheflug Venue:  Room 7246
                                Stoddart Building
                                City Campus
                                Howard Street
                                Sheffield S1 1WB

 There is a car park in the basement of the building which is quite
definitely open just for us.  You can park there.  The security
guards will watch your car for you while you are in the meeting.=20
You can bring your computer along if you wish to.  There is a lift
from the car park to the second floor where you will find room
7246.  If you want to come to Sheffield on the train there's no
problem there either.  Sheffield Midland Station is just round the
corner from the meeting room.

For the location of the meeting room and for more information
please have a look at ...

                      http://www.sheflug.co.uk/meeting.html

                    please do come along if you have the time.

Richard

Sheffield Linux
User's Group

http://www.sheflug.co.uk