[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting - Monday 11th February 2002

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:48:41 +0000 (GMT)

Greetings all,

Thanks to David Holder of Erion Ltd, for the talk on IPv6. This IPv6
networking stuff really does take some getting your head round.
And David's session at least gave us an overview!

This month something for the DataBase buffs (makes a change from
networking :-) we have Nick Gorham of Easysoft Ltd, talking about
unixODBC.

unixODBC - Open Source ODBC
- What it is
- Why use it
- How to build it
- What to do with it

see more at  www.openodbc.org

Are we on for a post-meeting Curry - Rob? I'm game, guess Rob is, so
that's 2 of us.

Looks like we've got a volunteer for March 11th meeting -  Phil Latio on
setting up a functioning Linux Web server, aimed more at new users.
Phil wants feedback on his talk on the wylug-discuss list. Thanks Phil, I
love volunteers :-)

Phil has suggested short 15 minutes talks on any topic! I've tried this a
couple of times in the past and had a mixed (mostly disappointing)
response - but it's the new year, let's give it a go. If you want to do a
short 10-15 min talk on any open source topic, any application, setup,
hints whatever let me know. If we get several, we could have a mini-talks
night in April!

See you all on Monday,

cheers
Jim

                West Yorkshire Linux Users Group  (WYLUG)

             Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.
                          ----             ------

                     7 pm  Monday 11th February 2002
                         (6:30pm for coffee/tea)

        Presentations:

                       unixODBC - Open Source ODBC
                                Nick Gorham
                               Easysoft Ltd

                   more info at http://www.openodbc.org

        WYLUG Venue:  Active Learning Lab.,  (Level 7, near staircase 2)
                      E.C. Stoner Building   (aka Physics/Admin)
                      University of Leeds
                      Woodhouse Lane
                      Leeds UK

             for location of Leeds University & Campus Map see
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/visitors/directions.htm
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus/physa-1.html
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus_map/campus.htm

        General Discussion:

                LINUX  -  News, Views, Question and, hopefully, Answers

                WYLUG  -  what, who, when (and why :-)
                 Especially what happens at future meetings!

WYLUG - West Yorkshire Linux User Group     Organiser: jj@comp.leeds.ac.uk
http://www.wylug.org.uk              email lists: http://list.wylug.org.uk