[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting - Monday 14th January 2002

Jim Jackson wylug-discuss at wylug.org.uk
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:52:10 +0000 (GMT)

Happy new year all,

Thanks to David Woodhouse for the Journalling File system talk last month.
And thanks to Rob Speed for organising the WYLUG 4th birthday meal - and
coping with the bill and hassle - he does it so well it looks like he's
got a job for life :-) sorry Rob.

I've eventually put up some of the pictures that Richard Ibbotson took on
the night, go to the WYLUG main page and follow the new link under photos
of past events. Thanks for the pictures Richard.

This month, we have David Holder of Erion Ltd, talking about IPv6. If you
thought all this IP networking stuff was difficult but you were just
getting head round it..... well it's all going to change (eventually)
to the next generation of IP - version 6. But after Monday's talk
we'll all have it sussed no doubt.

There was talk of a new year to assuage urges not met by the birthday
meal. But I think it was all too soon after the holidays to fix, so I
suggest we go for a post meeting curry on Februrary 11th. Anyone else up
for it? Anyone up for organising it?

I've got a talk promised on unixODBC for Feb 11th, but nothing beyond
then.

ANYONE CARE TO VOLUNTEER TO DO A TALK - OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO CAN HAVE
THEIR ARM TWISTED?

sorry for shouting.

See you all on Monday,

cheers
Jim

                West Yorkshire Linux Users Group  (WYLUG)

             Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.
                          ----             ------

                      7 pm  Monday 14th January 2002
                         (6:30pm for coffee/tea)

        Presentations:

                                   IPv6
                               David Holder
                                Erion Ltd
                             www.erion.co.uk

        WYLUG Venue:  Active Learning Lab.,  (Level 7, near staircase 2)
                      E.C. Stoner Building   (aka Physics/Admin)
                      University of Leeds
                      Woodhouse Lane
                      Leeds UK

             for location of Leeds University & Campus Map see
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus/location-maps.html
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus/physa-1.html
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus/campusmap.html

        General Discussion:

                LINUX  -  News, Views, Question and, hopefully, Answers

                WYLUG  -  what, who, when (and why :-)
                 Especially what happens at future meetings!

WYLUG - West Yorkshire Linux User Group     Organiser: jj@comp.leeds.ac.uk
http://www.wylug.org.uk              email lists: http://list.wylug.org.uk