[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting - Monday 11th August 2003

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Aug 4 13:56:59 BST 2003

Summer Greetings all,

Many thanks to Smylers and Owen for their talks last month. I was so
impressed by smylers Bash power tips, that I'm in the process of moving
away from tcsh to bash!

Traditionally (after a few years I think we can call it a tradition -
especially in computing) our August meeting have just been a chat etc and
then down to the pub. Last year we dispensed with any preamble and had the
meeting AT the pub, with food. Judging by the turn out this was very
popular. So this year we are repeating the experience.

We meet from 7pm onwards at the side room of the Victoria Pub on Great
George Street, Leeds. There will be some food thanks again to the
generosity of Vickers Laboratories Ltd.

Should be a relaxed social event, so see you all next Monday,

cheers
Jim

                West Yorkshire Linux Users Group  (WYLUG)

             Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.

                      7 pm  Monday 11th August 2003

                         A Summer Social evening
                   At a private room in The Victoria Pub
                       Great George Street, Leeds