[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting - Monday 14th July 2003

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jul 10 13:15:05 BST 2003

Greetings All,

I understand the last meeting was a success. Thanks to Aaron and Dave, and
Mark for "room service" :-)

So that's the last of the Introductory series of talks. So what did people
think - was it worth doing? Should we do a "series" again? If so on
what linking themes, and aimed at who? Ideas to

  wylug-discuss at wylug.org.uk

or to the pub after monday's meeting.

This coming monday (14th July) we have talks on "Power Shell Usage:
'Bash' Tips & Tricks" by smylers and "Creating a Bootable CD" by Owen Le
Blanc. See http://www.wylug.org.uk/ for more details.

A reminder that the August 11th meeting is the informal summer holiday
meeting, in the Victoria Pub. I'm hoping to get some food laid on, but
it's not organised yet. I'm sure some commercial outfit said they'd
spansor this but I forget who said that - mail me please.

Also a couple of people have suggested we have a showing of "Revolution
OS" film ( http://www.revolution-os.com/ ) so I plan to organise that for
sometime after the start of the University term in October. Mark Spink has
had an idea for a different WYLUG evening, and we will be discussing that
down at the Victoria pub after the meeting - all welcome.

cheers
Jim

                West Yorkshire Linux Users Group  (WYLUG)

             Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.
                          ----             ------

                           Monday 14th July 2003

                      6:30 pm for Tea/Coffee and chat
                          7 pm prompt for speakers

                  Power Shell Usage: 'Bash' Tips & Tricks
                                   Smylers
                                   GBDirect

                         Question and Answer Session
                                    Break

                            Creating a Bootable CD
                                Owen Le Blanc
                          Manchester Computing Centre

        WYLUG Venue:  Active Learning Lab.,  (Level 9, near staircase 2)
                      E.C. Stoner Building   (aka Physics/Admin)
                      University of Leeds
                      Woodhouse Lane
                      Leeds UK

             for location of Leeds University & Campus Map see
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/visitors/getting_here.htm
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus/physa-1.html
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus_map/campus.htm

    "Informal" Discussions Continue after the meeting at the Victoria Pub
              on Great George St. at the back of the Town Hall.