[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting - Monday 10th November 2003

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Nov 5 10:47:38 GMT 2003

Greetings All,

I hope everyone's ears have recovered from the song at the end of the film
last month!

This month's meeting has a business slant to it, with Cliff Brereton from
IBM's Linux Impact Team speaking on "Linux in Business: Where are we
now?". So if you have contacts/colleagues/managers that have some interest
in Linux and want to get IBM's take on it's use in business at the moment,
them please let them know about the meeting.

We also have James Holden talking about "Selling The Idea." - how to get
people using linux. This is the talk James would have given in Sept. if he
hadn't got ill.

So don your suits (metaphorical or otherwise) and join us next Monday.

cheers
Jim

                West Yorkshire Linux Users Group  (WYLUG)
             Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.
                          ----             ------

                         Monday 10th November 2003

                      6:30 pm for Tea/Coffee and chat
                          7 pm prompt for meeting

                   Linux in Business: Where are we now?
                   ====================================
                              Cliff Brereton
           Linux Impact Team, EMEA North Region IBM Manchester

     This talk will cover: Linux evolution in the business community,
             Linux "tipping point", Current Linux deployments
                 - including case examples and The future.

                        Question and Answer Session

                             Selling The Idea
                             ================
                               James Holden

       How to get everybody you know using Linux and Free Software

        WYLUG Venue:  Active Learning Lab.,  (Level 9, near staircase 2)
                      E.C. Stoner Building   (aka Physics/Admin)
                      University of Leeds
                      Woodhouse Lane
                      Leeds UK

             for location of Leeds University & Campus Map see
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/visitors/getting_here.htm
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus/physa-1.html
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus_map/campus.htm

    "Informal" Discussions Continue after the meeting at the Victoria Pub
              on Great George St. at the back of the Town Hall.