[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting - Monday 10th May 2004

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed May 5 15:01:14 BST 2004

Hi All,

Last months meeting involved more audience participation than I can
remember happenning for sometime - still the speakers seemed to cope.
Thanks to Richard and Martin for the talks. Martin says he'll give the
talk again when he finds the CD with presentation on it :-)

This month we have a talk from yours truly on Ethernet - I hope it's not
too eclectic - it'll cover the current technology and some history. Also
James Holden on Cutting Spam with TMDA - Making challenge/response
mail filtering work effectively.

Hope to see people on Monday.

happy sasser virus :-)
Jim

                West Yorkshire Linux Users Group  (WYLUG)
             Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.
                          ----             ------

                           Monday 10th May 2004

                      6:30 pm for Tea/Coffee and chat
                          7 pm prompt for meeting

            Ethernet - The technology and a polemical history
                                Jim Jackson

             A simple overview of modern Ethernet technology
                         and a history of ethernet

                          Cutting Spam with TMDA
                          ----------------------
                               James Holden

         Making challenge/response mail filtering work effectively

        WYLUG Venue:  Active Learning Lab.,  (Level 9, near staircase 2)
                      E.C. Stoner Building   (aka Physics/Admin)
                      University of Leeds
                      Woodhouse Lane
                      Leeds UK

             for location of meetings please see
                 http://www.wylug.org.uk/meetings.html

    "Informal" Discussions Continue after the meeting at the Victoria Pub
     on Great George St. at the back of the Town Hall - Everyone Welcome