[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting - Monday 11th April 2005

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Apr 7 14:27:41 BST 2005

Greetings All,

It was good to see quite a lot of new faces at WYLUG for the Linux &
Schools Evening last month, I hope everyone found it useful. Thanks to
Chris and Tim for the presentations.

We have another fun packed show for you this next Monday. Rob Speed and
Tim Fletcher will be covering different aspects of Linux and Wireless, and
James Holden will be talking about DVD Authoring under Linux. I'll do my
best to make sure we get to the pub in decent time :-)

On that note, people are more than welcome to join us at the Victoria
Family Pub on Great George Street (facing the back of Leeds Town Hall)
after the meeting. We usually congregate at the back of the main room.

Advance notice of the May meeting where Felix Ulrich-Oltean will be
talking about Plone/Zope/Python, more on the meetings page of the web
site.

Hope to see lots of you on Monday

all the best
Jim

                  West Yorkshire Linux Users Group  (WYLUG)
               Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.
                            ----             ------

                           Monday 11th April 2005

                       6:30 pm for Tea/Coffee and chat
                           7 pm prompt for meeting

                              Linux & Wireless
                              ----------------
                                  Rob Speed

                              Wireless & Linux
                              ----------------
                                Tim Fletcher
                         Parrs Wood Technical College

                               DVD  Authoring
                               --------------
                                James Holden

                  (order of speakers has not yet been decided)

         [ see http://www.wylug.org.uk for more details of the talks ]

          WYLUG Venue:  Active Learning Lab.,  (Level 9, near staircase 2)
                        E.C. Stoner Building   (aka Physics/Admin)
                        University of Leeds
                        Woodhouse Lane
                        Leeds UK

               for location of meetings please see
                   http://www.wylug.org.uk/meetings.html

      "Informal" Discussions Continue after the meeting at the Victoria Pub
       on Great George St. at the back of the Town Hall - Everyone Welcome