[Wylug-announce] ShefLUG Meeting - July 9th 2005

Richard Ibbotson richard at sheflug.co.uk
Mon Jul 4 11:40:28 BST 2005

           Sheffield Linux User's Group - ShefLUG
       Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.

                   Saturday 9th July 2005

              1 pm prompt for meeting finish at 17.00

We will most likely have a bring a computer  session.  If you would
like to have your computer installed with Linux it can probably be
done for you at the meeting.  Other than that we will continue our
monthly discussion of the latest things on the Linux scene.  Topics
such as bash scripting, kernel compiles, wireless networks, Samba
and Apache and many others have been covered at our Bakewell
meetings before now.  Turn up and ask questions.  I have been able
to get hold of the latest Ubuntu CDs.  I was at Linux Tag in
Karlsruhe last week where I was able to get hold of some of the
latest Debian Sarge Linux Tag special edition DVDs.  You can have one
of these if you turn up for the meeting.

ShefLUG Venue: Country Bookshop, Hassop Station, Bakewell, Derbyshire
DE45 1NW

     for the location of the Country Bookshop and a Map see
  http://www.countrybookshop.co.uk/information/about/index.phtml

       See also....  http://www.sheflug.co.uk/meeting.html

Country Bookshop is a well established multi-channel retailer of
entertainment, leisure, and gift products.  They offer 3.2 million
titles. The largest range of titles available through a European
site.  This venue has a net connection as well as a really good cafe
where lunch can be purchased at a sensible price.  There is a large
cost free car park.  You can also take the 240 bus from Sheffield
Interchange at 09.30.  To check for bus times call 01709 515151.  We
have had many meetings in Bakewell.  More than a few people have
asked to go back there year after year.  Bring your family along for
a great day out in Derbyshire if you want to.  Plenty of children's
books to show the kiddies.

Hope we see you there

Richard
www.sheflug.co.uk