[Wylug-announce] ShefLUG - November Meeting

Richard Ibbotson richard at sheflug.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 18:02:47 GMT 2005

                Sheffield Linux Users Group  (ShefLUG)

             Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.

                       Saturday 12th November 2005

        The November meeting will take place at Sheffield Hallam
        University on the 12th of November 2005.  Time of the meeting
        is 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.  Room 7131 in the Stoddart building which
        is just across the road from the Novotel.  More info....

                 http://www.sheflug.co.uk/meeting.html

        If you are travelling here from outside Sheffield you can get
        more info about buses at 01709 515151.  Sheffield Midland
	station is just next to the venue.  You can get to the meeting
	by train without too much strain.  Call 0845 748 4950 for
	train info. To get hold of a map of the campus go to
	www.shu.ac.uk and search the site for visitor information.
	Information about parking. The car park in the
	basement of the Stoddart building is now being run by
	Sheffield City Council.  This means that if you try to park
	your car here it will be clamped.  You will have to use the
	car park which is next to the University instead at a cost of
	something like £2.00 to £5.00 for the afternoon.

        Content of the meeting...  Richard Ibbotson will be giving a
	talk about text editors in the GNU/Linux operating system.
	What they are about and a quick guide on how to use them. For
	example, ViM, Emacs, vi, Joe and others.  Marcus Hanwell who is
	a Gentoo developer will give a talk about kernel internals.
	We haven't quite made a decision on the exact nature of this
	talk but I'm sure that Marcus can probably change his
	presentation slightly on the day to fit in with questions that
	are asked.  Other than that we shall be involved in the usual
	informed chat about the latest GNU/Linux and BSD stuff and the
	Penguinista will once again be seen in action. Dinner may take
	place at the East Ocean Sea Food Restaurant at Matilda Street
	afterwards but we can't be sure about that until the end of
	the meeting.

        Hope we see you there :)

Richard

www.sheflug.co.uk