[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting: Monday 13 Nov 2006

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 17:22:25 GMT 2006

Dear All,

Our next meeting is on Monday 13 Nov 2006 in Leeds University's Stoner
Building.

The meeting room is sign-posted from the main Stoner Building entrance

The meeting officially starts at 7.00 pm, but the room will be open for
coffee, tea, biscuits and chat from 6.30 pm.

This month's meeting has 1 main speaker: Jim Jackson.

This is his brief synopsis:

  Internet Email - and Introduction and Overview to how it works

  This talk is NOT a HOWTO.

  It is an introductory overview of what email is, how it gets from A to B,
  how it gets delivered and picked up. It aims to demystify and explain
  SMTP, IMAP, POP, WebMail etc in order that people can understand how
  they work and the services they provide.

  I plan on doing another Email talk "Planning Email for the Small Office,
  Home network" sometime next year, which will follow on from this talk.

I have a tentative proposal for a second talk from a regular, but that
may not materialise.  If it doesn't, I plan to kick off heated and
controversial debate on whatever topic comes to mind.

Best wishes,

Dave