[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting: Monday 12 Feb 2007

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Fri Feb 9 12:28:47 GMT 2007

Dear All,

Our next meeting is on Monday 12 Feb 2007 in Leeds University's Stoner
Building.

Seb James will provide a talk entitled

  "Design decisions developing the Foundry Linux thin client"

He'll talk about the core OS, and also the connection manager and setup
manager programs.

He intends to keep the talk fairly brief so we can quickly move on to a demo.

He's bringing along 5 thin clients and also a couple of network appliances
(same box, different software).

He is also bringing 2 screens, but we may need 2 or 3 more, so I may be
making an appeal for members to bring some along.  I'll let you know,
ASAP,  if that's necessary

The meeting room is sign-posted from the main Stoner Building entrance

The meeting officially starts at 7.00 pm, but the room will be open for
coffee, tea, biscuits and chat from 6.30 pm.

Dave