[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting - Extra Talk: OLPC (XO)

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 11:00:33 GMT 2007

Hi All,

Phil Driscoll has managed to get his hands on a prototype XO laptop from
the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) project.

He has kindly offered to come and demonstrate it for us.

Unfortunately we can't hook up the prototype directly to a projector, but
we would like to demonstrate some XO features on the big screen.  This
may be possible with VNC, but in case we can't get that going ...

we would like to film Phil's demo using a video camera which can output
to the projector.  The easiest way of doing this would be to hook a
laptop plus good quality web cam to the projector.

If anyone is willing to bring along such a web cam and laptop combo,
please let me know ASAP.

Dave