[Wylug-announce] Open Street Map mapping party Bradford

David Carpenter d.carpenter at virgin.net
Fri Aug 29 16:34:51 UTC 2008

You may already know this and know all about OpenStreetMap, so please
bear with me...

OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org.uk) is organising a mapping party
for the weekend of September 27/28 centred on Bradford, probably the
largest conurbation in the UK with next to no mapping in OpenStreetMap.

If you're not aware of OpenStreetMap, then check them out - it's partly
about freedom of data, it's a lot about community, and it's also about
maps for people the way they can use them (e.g. cycle parking is a
feature of their mapping)

Mapping parties are a way of 'getting the work done' but in a fun way.
You don't need to be techy!

The mapping party will be operating from the Midland Hotel in the city
centre for the weekend.

More info about the event is available here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Bradford/Mapping_Party

If you can go, (and you can use a wiki!), then it would be great if you
could add your name to the
"Who's Participating" section.

I can't make it I'm afraid, but I can't wait to see what gets done. In
the meantime the openstreetmap assault on Bingley and Baildon is in full
swing!

All the best
David