[Wylug-announce] Beer, Bradford, and Bugger Google Maps [27 Feb 2008]

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 21:38:36 GMT 2008

Hi,

It looks like Geoff Richards and I started something with that talk on
www.openstreetmap.org

Quite a few Wyluggers have been bitten by the bug, with many familiar
names appearing beside street names and footpaths.

If (like Geoff and I) you are now a confirmed addict, or merely aspire
to a pro-social behaviour order (PSBO - pronounced 'pissbo'), you might
be interested in joining us for beer and mapping in central Bradford
tomorrow (27 Feb 2008).

We will rendevous at the following locations and times:

  6.00 p.m.  'The Cock and Bottle' BD3 9AA

  7.00 p.m.  'The Beehive' BD1 3AA

  8.00 p.m.  'The Fighting Cock' BD7 1JE

The idea is to plug a hole the map, and get fairly inebriated at the
same time.

It's entirely informal, with no planning and no expectations, i.e. if
you merely fancy a chat and a decent pint in a decent pub there's no
need to feign interest in social mapping ...  just turn up at one of the
pubs at the appropriate time.

If you can't make a specific time, just email me with your phone
number and we'll sort out meetups by mobile.

Dave
P.S. I wonder how many brain-dead 'family filters' are going to be upset
by the pub names?