[Wylug-announce] ShefLUG - May/June 2008 Meeting

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at gmail.com
Sun May 25 12:00:09 BST 2008

            Sheffield Linux Users Group  (ShefLUG)

                       Saturday 31st May 2008

          Our next meeting will on the 31st of May
   The meeting starts at about 1 p.m. and finishes at about 4 p.m.

             http://www.sheflug.co.uk/meeting.html

For the past two years we have held meetings at Starbucks coffee shop at
Western Bank
next to the University.  As a bit of an experiment we thought that our
May/June meeting
might go down well at the Walkley Cottage.  The address is...

            Walkley Cottage
            Bolehill Road
            Sheffield,
            S6 5DD
            0114 234 4968

If you don't have a car then you might like to know that the 94 and 95 buses
stop right
outside the door.  Both of these go past the University of Sheffield or go
to High Street.
Use Google maps if you don't know where the Walkley Cottage is.  If you do
have a car
then you might like to know that the pub does have a car park that you can
use to park
your car.

The pub serves some decent pub food from 12 until 7 p.m.  Tea and coffee is
available.
There is a good selection of beers which are well looked after.  The major
bonus of using
this venue is that the Wi-Fi is free.  At Starbucks you have to pay
something like £5.00
per hour to use the internet.  Look out for someone sitting next to a
Hewlett-Packard
penguin with a laptop in front of him.

The topic of the meeting will be a general discussion or we can fix some
hardware or software.
Don't forget, the latest version of Ubuntu and Kubuntu have been released.
If you need some
help with that we can most likely point you in the right direction.

  For information about buses telephone 01709 515151.

Please come along if you have the time.

--
Richard