[Wylug-announce] ShefLUG - November 2008 Meeting

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 16:20:49 UTC 2008

		Sheffield Linux Users Group ?(ShefLUG)

? ? ? ? ? ? Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Saturday 1st November 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

For the past two years we have held meetings at Starbucks coffee shop
at Western Bank next to the University. ?We thought that our November
meeting might go down well at the Rising Sun. ?The address is...

????????????????The Rising Sun
????????????????471 Fulwood Road
????????????????Nethergreen
????????????????Sheffield
????????????????S10 3QA
????????????????0114 230 3855

????????Email: risingsun at abbeydalebrewery.co.uk

????????http://www.risingsunsheffield.co.uk/index.html

If you don't have a car then you might like to know that the No: 40
bus runs from Sheffield Interchange through the city centre to the pub.
?
This is a frequent bus service every 10 to 15 minutes during the day
and every 20 minutes evenings and Sundays. ?The 120 Yorkshire Terrier
service runs from Halfway to Fulwood via Pond Street and Church Street
in the city centre every ten minutes during the day but not in the
evenings. ?Call 01709 515151 for bus information. ?Use Google maps if
you don't know where the Rising Sun is. Tea and coffee is available. ?
There is a good selection of beers which are well looked after. ?Look
out for someone sitting next to an Hewlett-Packard penguin with a
laptop in front of him. ?The first person who can crack the Wi-Fi
system and make it work will receive a pint of beer. ?More info about
buses here....

????????http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/timetables/sheffield/
????????http://www.sheflug.org.uk/meeting.html

The topic of the meeting will be a general discussion or we can fix
some hardware or software. ?Don't forget, the latest versions of
Ubuntu and Kubuntu have just been released today. ?If you need some
help with that we can most likely point you in the right direction. ?
The Linux Expo has been and gone. ?If you want to know more come along
and ask questions. We look forward to seeing you there.

Next month we plan to move back to the Walkley Cottage which has now
re-opened after being refurbished.

--
Richard
www.sheflug.org.uk