[Wylug-announce] ShefLUG - October 2008 Meeting

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 12:39:46 UTC 2008

	Sheffield Linux Users Group (ShefLUG)

           Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.

      Our next meeting will on Saturday the 4th of October.

                Saturday 4th October 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

For the past two years we have held meetings at Starbucks coffee shop
at Western Bank next to the University.  We thought that our October
meeting might go down well at the Rising Sun.  The address is...

                	The Rising Sun
               		471 Fulwood Road
                	Nethergreen
                	Sheffield S10 3QA
                	0114 230 3855

               Email: risingsun at abbeydalebrewery.co.uk

           http://www.risingsunsheffield.co.uk/index.html

If you don't have a car then you might like to know that the No: 60
bus runs from Sheffield Interchange through the city centre to the
pub.  This is a frequent bus service every 10 to 15 minutes during
the day and every 20 minutes evenings and Sundays.  The No: 120
Yorkshire Terrier service runs from Halfway to Fulwood via Pond
Street and Church Street in the city centre every ten minutes during
the day but not in the evenings.  Use Google maps if you don't know
where the Rising Sun is.  Tea and coffee is available.  There is a
good selection of beers which are well looked after.  Look out for
someone sitting next to an Hewlett-Packard penguin with a laptop in
front of him.  The first person who can crack the Wi-Fi system and
make it work will receive a pint of beer

The topic of the meeting will be a general discussion or we can fix
some hardware or software.  Don't forget, the latest version of
Ubuntu is about to be released.  If you need some help with that we
can most likely point you in the right direction.  The Linux Expo is
coming up soon.  Most people go to this.  If you want to know more
come along and ask questions.

For information about buses telephone 01709 515151. For train
information make a call to 0845 748 4950. We hope that you can come
along to this event. You should try to go this if at all possible.

                   http://www.sheflug.co.uk/meeting.html

--
Richard
www.sheflug.org.uk