[Wylug-announce] ShefLUG - July 2009 Meeting

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 11:49:07 UTC 2009

	Sheffield Linux Users Group (ShefLUG)

    Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend

            Saturday 4th July 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

For the past two years we have held meetings at Starbucks coffee shop
at Western Bank next to the University.  We thought that our July
meeting might go down well at the Walkley Cottage.  The address is...

                Walkley Cottage Inn
                46 Bole Hill Rd
                Sheffield, S6 5DD
                0114 234 4968

          http://www.walkleycottage.co.uk/

If you don't have a car then you might like to know that the No: 94
and 95 buses run from High Street and Church Street (across from the
Cathedral) through the city centre to the pub.  This is a frequent bus
service every 10 to 15 minutes during the day.  Call 01709 515151 for
bus information.  Use Google maps if you don't know where the Walkley
Cottage is. Tea and coffee is available.  There is a good selection of
beers which are well looked after.  Look out for someone sitting next
to an Hewlett-Packard penguin with a laptop in front of him.

         http://www.sheflug.org.uk/meeting.html

The topic of the meeting will be a general discussion or we can fix
some hardware or software.    If you need some help with that we can
most likely point you in the right direction.   If you want to
know more about anything else come along and ask questions.  We seem
to have a growing band of EeePC people who bring them along to
meetings.   Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope and it's associated operating
systems have been released.  We can discuss this release and how
to install it.  Also any other version of GNU/Linux that you might
be interested in such as Fedora 11 or OpenSuSE 11.2 or 11.1.  There's
also the updated version of the present Debian release. Most people
who come along to our meetings have used most versions of GNU/Linux
and the BSDs.  Linux Tag has been and gone.  Plenty to talk about
there.

--
Richard
www.sheflug.org.uk