[Wylug-announce] Meeting: Monday 12th September 2011 – AWK, a dyslexic’s viewpoint

James Holden wylug at jamesholden.net
Tue Aug 30 13:49:25 UTC 2011

All,

The next meeting is on the 12th of September 2011 at Old Broadcasting House
[1].

This month we have a talk from Darren Drapkin titled "AWK, a dyslexic's
viewpoint".

  "Do you have a three field, one million record database you need analying
  pronto? Is your favourite construction the regexp? Then AWK is for you!"

AWK is a utility for processing and reporting on textual data and makes
extensive use of regular expressions.

The venue will be open from 6:30pm with the talk commencing at 7:00pm.

After the talk and following any questions, we'll be heading down to Mr.
Foley's [2] for beers and chat.

The talk is free to attend and all are welcome, with no booking required.

[ Please note that we no longer have the use of the coffee machine at OBH.
Alternative arrangements are being looked into. ]

Best regards,

James

[1] http://www.oldbroadcastinghouse.com/
[2] http://www.mrfoleyscaskalehouse.co.uk/

--
James Holden                     Developer, SEO, Technology Consultant
http://jamesholden.net/                          Leeds, United Kingdom