[Wylug-announce] Richard Stallman Lecture

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 11 17:48:24 UTC 2011

On Monday 31 January 2011 14:13:50  Ibbotson wrote:
> Just to let people know that RMS is touring the UK in March.  I was
> asked to send some mail to him to ask him if he would like to do
> this. Shortly after this the South Yorkshire branch of the British
> Computing Society and the South Yorkshire branch of the IET came
> up with some funding for the tour.

Bit of an update....

http://www.theiet.org/about/media-centre/press-releases/20110203.cfm

> I'm not quite sure if there will be a session in Manchester but I
> know that there will be one in Preston.  Also, our own RMS lecture
> here in Sheffield on the afternoon  of the 5th of March ....

http://sheflug.org.uk/indexpage/?page_id=69

Please do come along to Sheffield at 10.00 a.m. until 1 p.m. on the 5th
of March if you would like to see RMS give a public lecture.  Make
sure that you register for Health and Safety purposes by going to the
web pages mentioned above.

--
Richard
http://www.sheflug.org.uk