[Wylug-announce] Richard Stallman Lecture

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 31 14:17:23 UTC 2011

Hi

Just to let people know that RMS is touring the UK in March.  I was
asked to send some mail to him to ask him if he would like to do this.
Shortly after this the South Yorkshire branch of the British Computing
Society and the South Yorkshire branch of the IET came up with some
funding for the tour.

I'm not quite sure if there will be a session in Manchester but I know
that there will be one in Preston.  Also, our own RMS lecture here in
Sheffield on the afternoon  of the 5th of March ....

http://sheflug.org.uk/indexpage/?page_id=69

The schedule hasn't been completed yet but you should be able to go to
an RMS lecture somewhere near you.  The subject of the lecture is said
to be ... “Copyright vs Community in the Age of Computer Networks”.
Demand for this is strong.  If you want to go to the session in
Sheffield you should go to the above page and register now.  If you do
not register for health and safety purposes you will not be able to
get in.

--
Richard
http://www.sheflug.org.uk