[Wylug-discuss] Hosting...

Robert Speed rob at uksolutions.net
Mon Aug 11 16:03:23 BST 2003

People,

Long time no hear from you all !!!!
(I'm going to come up for a pint and to see you all tonight!
 Then drive the 130 miles back home again!!!)

Righty,

I've been trying to get work here to support the LUGs of this country so
we're giving something back  (given that LUGs have supplied the company
with a number of staff.

I've managed to get them to agree to offering a discount !!!

With this in mind, they're offering WYLUG members the chance to host a
server here with us.

At the moment South Birmingham and Coventry LUGs have got their own
cabinet here and they place whatever servers they desire into it.
They get a heavily discounted amount of bandwidth per month for the whole
cabinet that's shared amongst all the servers.

However, given that it's discounted we ask that people don't go too
heavy on the support desk.
It's also for non-commercial use as well...
(so no commercial websites)

They (the management here) have also agreed to give free domain hosting on
the UK Shells (www.ukshells.co.uk) platform for any WYLUG member...

Obviously, You'd apply for the account, and I'd then check with either
Jim or Nigel as to whether you're REALLY on the list...

What do you reckon ?

BTW - Coventry currently pay £50/month per server between them and they
run at about 25GB data transfer per month...

I'm just leaving Coventry now, to head up to you, if anyone's interested,
collar me at the pub.
Or email me here for tomorrow...

See you all soon.
Rob S.