[Wylug-discuss] Free: P200 base unit

Kris kjclarke at clara.co.uk
Sun Aug 24 19:12:29 BST 2003

I have a spare P200 MMX base unit that's been laying around for a long,
long time. Does anyone want it, or want to take it on behalf of a school
or something?

It has 64MB EDO RAM & an SDRAM slot that I've never used. It's very
dusty, but it's also very quiet - I used to use it as a Debian web proxy
cache with wwwoffle and a few PHP scripts back when I had dialup. The
metal cover that's on it was originally for a different case - there's
no place for the bottom screws to go in, and the top inside has a burn
mark, but it's not from this PSU.

I can include a very low-end PCI VGA card and D-Link 530-TX 10/100 NIC
(uses the via-rhine driver), an ISA SoundBlaster & my old faithful ISA
modem. It does NOT have a hard drive, floppy, or front drive blanks. It
could also do with some thermal goo on the heatsink/CPU - it's just
pressed against it right now. Also, don't forget that it takes the large
style of keyboard connector.

Despite being so old, the board - http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/fullyes/82430VX.html
- also has a USB header.

http://www.k.eclipse.co.uk/bu-back.jpg
http://www.k.eclipse.co.uk/bu-front.jpg
http://www.k.eclipse.co.uk/bu-inside.jpg

It can only be collected from Pontefract - I have no transport to
take it anywhere.

--
Kris | k.clarke at gmx.co.uk | ICQ: 10537480
AIM: katticist | MSN: k.clarke at gmx.co.uk | YIM: k_j_clarke