[Wylug-discuss] January meeting......

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Dec 15 12:10:59 GMT 2003

I've got speakers for January (see below from web site). I've also got
offers of talks from others which I'm going to try and schedule this week
- sorry if I've not got back to some volunteers yet.

Most of the volunteer speakers do not fit into the
"introductory/intermediate networking" theme that seemed popular.

Rik is kicking off in January, so I need volunteers to do shortish -
30mins of so - networking talks for feb - July meetings.

Here's a few suggestions/ideas, but if you've got your own ideas just
email me.....

  Building a home lan, switches, hubs, wiring  & broadband routers etc
  Intro to network services needed for home lan - DHCP, bind, ntp,
  File/Mail/Print network services
  Wifi use (and abuse :-()

Hope some people feel inspired.

cheers
Jim

from web site...

Next meeting: Monday 12th January, 2004

An Introduction to IP Networking - By Rik Wade, Energis

Security contexts and vservers - By Peter Corlett

Thoughout the beginning of 2004 We are hoping to be presenting a series of
introductory/intermediate sessions on the theme of networking. Rik's talk
hopefully will set the scene by providing an introduction and overview of
IP (Internet Protocol) networking.