[Wylug-discuss] xml -> pcl

Geoff Richards qef at ungwe.org
Tue Dec 16 21:07:31 GMT 2003

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 05:40:07PM -0000, ALLEN, David wrote:
> Slightly off topic.
>
> Does anyone know of a open source product which will create a pcl or
> postscript file from an xml file and associated schema "style" sheets.

FOP can do PCL output from XSL-FO (or XML+XSLT).

   http://xml.apache.org/fop/

However, it is very slow, and broken in many ways.  I haven't yet
done anything useful with it except for some very simple one-page
documents.  I blogged about some experiments with it, and the
unsatisfactory results:

   http://ungwe.org/blog/2003/06/30/21:23/

--

--- Geoff Richards -------------><-------------- http://ungwe.org/ ---
"I tried to fling my shadow at the moon,