[Wylug-discuss] xml -> pcl

Roger Leigh roger at whinlatter.uklinux.net
Thu Dec 18 19:19:21 GMT 2003

"ALLEN, David" <David.ALLEN at eur.crowncork.com> writes:

> Thanks. Has anyone had any success using xmlto? It sounds just what we
> require, but obviously I don't wish to spent hours bug fixing!

It works just fine for HTML output.  I've also tested MS HTML Help
(worked apart from the index--might have been a fault in my document).
It currently uses passivetex for PS/PDF, which (in Debian) is buggy
(some garbage chars at the top of each page).  The Debian maintainer
is going to replace passivetex with Sun XMLroff, which should be an
improvement.

I'd suggest trying out all of the tools and seeing which you prefer.
Since the xmlto PS output is buggy, I'm using db2ps instead for the
time being.  OTOH, you could install and use XMLroff directly.

--
Roger Leigh