[Wylug-discuss] compact flash cards used as IDE disk....

gARetH baBB hick at gink.org
Sat Jul 19 14:43:29 BST 2003

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Jim Jackson wrote:

> I'm assuming that you basically use it as a readonly boot media and would
> run your system from ram disks one booted.

Maybe a /tmp, maybe a bit of space for transient logs (though a syslog
host would be more sensible) - most of these things are used for stuff
like wireless routers, where the only thing it's really doing is network
stuff from within the kernel.

You could probably arrange things so you didn't even need /tmp, so no
ramdisk at all - there are a few read-only dists out there.