[Wylug-discuss] VIA 3D acceleration

Neil Pilgrim linux at kepier.clara.net
Sun Jul 20 20:08:21 BST 2003

Just read a note on the DRI lists, that some work has been contributed
from VIA to get 3d acceleration on some of their graphics chipsets,
possibly including 'xvmc' (motion compensation?) which is included in
some. I was looking for this re a possible new laptop (just broke the
screen on my old laptop :() and the one in question had a 'proSavageDDR'
chipset, but the impression I got was that this also applied to the
mini-itx boards, which I know some people are playing with already :)

Not that this is ready for prime-time yet, perhaps, but anyhow its good
to know that drivers are forthcoming :)

--
Neil