[Wylug-discuss] redhat fedora

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Nov 5 16:05:31 GMT 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Robert Bagnall wrote:

> kai.che at ntlworld.com [kai.che at ntlworld.com] wrote:
> > what is the diffrence between redhat linux and fedora? a frind of mine said farsi language support is only available in in fedora. any comments please.
>
> There is no redhat linux anymore...
>
> http://www.redhat.com/solutions/migration/rhl
>
> ...unless you want to pay for the priveledge of Enterprise Server. One
> of our systems types got a copy and said it pretty much _is_ RH9.1 (or
> RH10 or whatever) from the way it installs on in.

Well Redhat have donated their codebase to the fedora project, so the latest
redhat beta has become the starting point as far as I can see it.

Installation's the same as previous redhats, although up2date works without a
registration, and there's a working apt and yum in the box too.  But as
everyone has said, update policies are the current unknown.

jh

--
"I have never smuggled anything in my life. Why, then, do I feel an uneasy
 sense of guilt on approaching a customs barrier?"