[Wylug-discuss] Speakers for meetings in 2004!

Rik Wade rik at rikwade.com
Thu Nov 27 10:23:32 GMT 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 17:19, Jim Jackson wrote:
> > No Speakers or topics or sessions or anything beyond the end of
> > this year. 2004 is a clean slate.
>
> Hmm... could probably do something on basic networking although the
> problem would be deciding what to cover.  How about mail config -
> combination of exim4, exiscan, spamassassin and a virus scanner?

Feel free to put me down for an "Intro to IP Networking", covering
the basics of Ethernet switching and IP routing. January is fine.

I can avoid frame/packet formats and dynamic routing protocols.
I could, however, inlcude a macro view of "a SYN in the life of
a TCP Segment" to show how packets get from a user's LAN out
in to the Big Bad Internet(tm).
--
rik