[Wylug-discuss] Re: [Wylug-announce] LPI certification

Mark Ruddell ruddell at doctors.org.uk
Sat Sep 20 13:34:08 BST 2003

Coxhead, George [IES] wrote:
> Hi
>      Following on from last years series of free courses the School of
> Computing at Leeds Met has aquired further funding to put on another
> round of subsidised LINUX certification courses.
>
> The courses are structured to provide the content required to pass the
> Linux Professional Institute exams 101 and 102 for the title of Linux
> certified professional with a chance to take exam 103 for the title of
> United Linux certified professional.
>
> For full details see www.lpi.org <http://www.lpi.org>

Dear All,

Does anyone else know what the quality of these courses is like? Are
they suitable for someone with little formal training in IT, who learns
fast? Are the qualifications worthwhile? I've read the official docs but
I'd appreciate some personal views too.

The context, for those who don't know me, is that I'm a medical doctor
who wants to develop his career towards IT, having been a hobbyist (off
& on) since 1980.

Best wishes,
--
Mark Ruddell <ruddell at doctors.org.uk>

Please use a non-proprietary file format should you wish to send me
anything. Intellectual property is intellectual theft.