[Wylug-discuss] Re: Sharp 5500 PDA

Richard Ibbotson richard at sheflug.co.uk
Tue Sep 23 17:57:08 BST 2003

Paul

> That doesn't matter, because we all know to back everything up before
> changing an OS, anyway. Don't we? :-)

Most people don't :)  They happily update and the wonder what went
wrong when the room lights come back up again and the furniture has
gone missing :)

I've got a friend who works on the Post Office network.  Collects
PDA's as a hobby.  Whenever he updates his iPAQ with the new Opie he
forgets to backup his data and then wonders what went wrong.
This is a highly trained network professional who gets paid a lot.

So, I like to be less confident.  I store everything on a 128Mb MMC
card which automounts when I plug the card into my iPAQ.  Works for
me :)  Not lost anything yet.

Thanks

Richard