[Wylug-discuss] Get your hardware tat here!

Dave Fisher davef at gbdirect.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 17:12:15 BST 2004

Hi All,

I have a pile of old PCs and laptops beside me which are doomed to be
skipped unless someone claims them in the next week or so.

They may be beyond conventional recycling and we can't drive them to a
recycling collection point anyway.

There's a couple of old compaq PCs and a couple of IBM PCs (original
Pentium, early-mid 1990s) used by us as xterminals (so no hard disks).
Most valuable contents are probably the PCI graphics cards and the
ethernet cards with boot roms.

There are possibly 2-3 battered old compaq armada laptops (3-400 MHz) of
uncertain state.  They're no longer reliable enough for training
purposes and may not even work at all.  We don't have the time to
diagnose any faults, let alone fix them.

If you are interested, just call me on 0870 200 7273 (I've no time for
long email exchanges, queries, etc).

Dave