[Wylug-discuss] books for sale

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 18:12:30 GMT 2004

--
Hi all,

I have a number of techie books that I'd like to go to a good home
rather than see them fall out of fashion/relevance (if they haven't
already).

I'm going to charge you for them, but I'll donate all the proceeds to a
good geeky charity.  So far it's a choice between the FSF and the EFF
but feel free to suggest others.  You need not stick with three letter
acronyms, but it is encouraged.

The other option is to put it towards Monday's speakers travel and
accommodation costs if a company doesn't step in as hoped (though, I'd
hope we can give it to charity).

I'm offering them for £3 and up, depending on the age / relevancy /
eliteness of the topic.  Send me your offers via private mail and the
first highest bidder wins.  I reserve the right not to sell if the price
isn't right (or I suspect you won't appreciate them).

I'm not expecting to raise hundreds, but I hope everyone will be overly
generous given that the money isn't going towards an IBM Linux watch or
a holiday in Finland for me.  Also, since I'm feeling delirious with
generosity, I'll match the total contribution myself (up to £50 ;).  If
God runs Linux, I'm bound to get into heaven now (assuming they don't
have bounds checking) (also assuming he/she/it/them exists*).

Nearly all the books are in absolutely perfect condition.

I'll bring the selected books along to Monday's meeting.

apologies for the chars over the 79 boundary, it was just *tidier* that
way (I'm going to Hell now I guess).

Techie books
============
CNE 3 - Short Course					New Riders
PostgreSQL Essential Reference		Stinson		New Riders
Using & Managing PPP			Andrew Sun	O'Reilly
MySQL					DuBois		New Riders
Programming Python 2nd Ed		Mark Lutz	O'Reilly
Designing Routing and Switching Architectures for Enterprise Networks
					Berkowitz	MacMillan
Maximum Security 2nd Ed.		Anonymous	SAMS
Inside Lightwave 6			Ablan		New Riders
Staroffice 5.2 for Linux		Busch, Olsen	Sybex
24/7 NetWare 5				Hales,Reyes	Sybex
Windows NT Backup & Restore		Jody Leber	O'Reilly
Virtual Private Networks - Technologies and Solutions
					Ruixi Yuan, W. Timothy Strayer
							Addison-Wesley
Building Linux Clusters			David Spector	O'Reilly
Using Storage Area Networks Special Edition
					NIIT		QUE
Novells Guide to LAN/WAN Analysis: IPX/SPX
					Laura Chappell	Novell Press
3D Graphics & Animation			Giambruno	New Riders
Web Performance Tuning 2nd Ed.		Killelea	O'Reilly

Get rich quick skillz
=====================
Using XML Special Edition		Phillips	QUE
Using HTML4 5th Ed. Special Edition	Molly Holzschlag QUE
Macromedia Director 6 for Dummies
Flash 4!				Franklin,Patton	Macromedia Press

Cisco
=====
Certification Press CCDA Study Guide			Syngress Osborne
Cisco Network Consultants Handbook	Matt Castelli	Cisco Press
Cisco Secure Virtual Private Networks	Mason		Cisco Press
CCSP Cisco Secure VPN Self Study Exam Certification Guide
					Roland,Newcomb	Cisco Press

Historical
==========
Mastering Amiga AMOS			Phil South	BSB

Unwanted birthday presents
TimeOut Film Guide 12			John Pynn	Penguin
Some stupid book about the philosophy of the Matrix.

* I think that's what faith is.  Anyway, Google returned 114,000,000
results so he/she/it/them must do.

--
GPG: B89C D450 5B2C 74D8 58FB A360 9B06 B5C2 26F0 3047
WEB: http://johnleach.co.uk