[Wylug-discuss] Linux GUI design [Was CUPS]

ric x-ric at brucenetworks.com
Fri Feb 27 16:50:12 GMT 2004

> Oh no, I entirely agree with you. Eric happened to highlight an example
> that's caused me quite some grief in the past though. It was nice(?) to
> see somebody else in pain with it, if you see what I mean.
>
> Although I've not seen it myself, Xandros seems to be gaining a
> reputation for cleaning up the GUI design to produce a desktop-oriented

I've had horror with CUPS printing myself I'm sure others have as well.
http://www.lycoris.org is also very good for "joe user" I've had none
Linux using techies and teachers using it with some decent results.
I'll be covering some of these issuse in my talk at the April meeting.

ric
brucenetworks.com