[Wylug-discuss] Natwest online banking SUCCESS!

Steve King steve at kingsteve.co.uk
Fri Jan 16 13:03:56 GMT 2004

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, hannah d. wrote:

> switch banks.
>
> crapwest have useless service in their branches and useless service
> online. i decided a while back that they simply didn't deserve my
> custom and have been happy with Smile ever since. don't forget to tell
> them why you're leaving.

I found my natwest service to be great, and only left because they
couldn't offer me a mortgage at a rate I'd accept.  I read in a local
paper that my old branch just got some Ilkley businesses award for being
such a good place.

Little things like paying in cheques were a lot easier with NatWest - I
could just turn up with a switch card and cheque and their computer
would print off a paying in slip and I'd sign and that was it. At HSBC I
or the cashier has to fill in a standard one, including things like the
address of my bank! How the hell would I know my bank's address! (ok, so
I have a pying in book, but I got out of the habbit of needing it). I've
been with a braclays using friend who also has to fill in a standard
paying in slip to pay stuff in. What a pain!

I expect you were either unlucky with natwest, or I was lucky.  I used
the branch opposite uni quite a bit, and they were always good, and used
the central leeds branch once or twice and again had good service.

Their website being IE only was a bit of a problem, but I always manged
to use it under linux, either with a virtual machine (which I use for
things like digiguide and some P2P apps) or just running IE using wine.

Steve (not a natwest employee!)