[Wylug-discuss] Openbrick, storever - Has anyone used these?

Dr A V Le Blanc LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 22 08:56:31 BST 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 12:00:07PM +0100, wylug-discuss-request at wylug.org.uk wrote:
On Tue 20 Jul 2004 at 17:30:36 +0100, Daniel Walker <danielwalker at fastmail.fm>:
> http://storever.com/
>
> Does anyone know anything about these chaps? (aside from the fact that
> they can't spell, obviously)
>
> I'm looking to replace my rather noisy firewall (mostly hard drive noise
> - the power supply fan is disabled) and those boxes looks fairly nifty.

Have you thought of looking at gibraltar? (www.gibraltar.at)
It runs off a CD on a machine with no hard disk.  There are a free
version and a commercial version; whether you fit under the terms
for the free license is a different question: see

     rsync://ftp.uk.debian.org/gibraltar/iso-images/
     ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/gibraltar/iso-images/

I haven't used this myself, but someone called it to my attention
only yesterday.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk