[Wylug-discuss] Schools/education at UKUUG (fwd)

Phil Driscoll phil at dialsolutions.co.uk
Fri Jul 30 12:17:22 BST 2004

On Friday 30 July 2004 09:54, Jim Jackson wrote:
> Dear wylug,
>
> I am an early retired science teacher interested in spreading the linux
> gospel in schools and beyond.
>
> I have been given a rail ticket to Leeds for the UKUUG bash, but my future
> widow is unhappy at my pension spending £80 on registration as well as
> probably £100 on three nights accom. Do any of your folk with an education
> interest have a spare bed that would save me a bit of cash and travelling
> time for the Thurs Fri and Sat nights?
>
> Also there were some very good Leeds school people at a linux day at
> Anglia a year or so back. I would dearly like to make contact with them
> again.

I'm probably one of the Leeds school people you refer to from the Anglia
conference.

Sadly Bruce, we're right in the middle of moving house at the moment,
otherwise we'd be happy to put you up. For the same reason, I won't be able
to attend the UKUUG do, however if you have time, it would be nice to meet up
for a beer one evening, and I'll fill you in with my tales of woe regarding
Linux at Corpus Christi school here in Leeds.

If anyone else has a spare bed, I can vouch for the fact that Bruce is a great
bloke and has, to my knowledge, crusaded on behalf of alternative computing
platforms at least since the early days of the Acorn Archimedes.

Cheers
--
Phil Driscoll