[Wylug-discuss] Advanced IP Networking: Part 1

Rik Wade rik at rikwade.com
Tue Jun 15 08:11:22 BST 2004

The slides for this presentation are now available at
http://www.rikwade.com. Formats are OpenOffice, PowerPoint and PDF. If
anyone would like a different format, please let me know off-list.

Next month's networking presentation will be Advanced IP Networking:
Part 2, which will cover BGP and inter-provider routing. In plain
English, I will talk about how ISPs manage their routing, announce
routes to each other using BGP and basically how the Internet hangs
together. I hope to use some simple, illustrative examples from a
DSL/modem user's perspective to make it more applicable. If time
permits, I aim to briefly mention current areas of development such as
MPLS (Multi-Protocol Label Switching).

Again, I'll show how all this can be done using Open Source Sofware such
as Linux/BSD and Zebra/Quagga.
--
rik