[Wylug-discuss] Mulitilink PPP with ADSL on Linux

ric x-ric at brucenetworks.com
Mon Mar 1 17:09:22 GMT 2004

On Monday 01 March 2004 9:50 am, Edward Chapman wrote:
> Yes Andrews & Arnold (AAISP) with the Firebrick is an alternative, but
> their method of linking the lines does not use multilink ppp, it is
> something more akin to load balancing using multiple ip addresses.
>
> If you look at http://www.aaisp.net/multiline.html, they have an upload
> bonded service and a download bonded service.  Only their download service
> allows you to achieve one true bonded connection.

Yes two different ways of doing the same thing.  That page is a little
misleading in its descriptions.   You can bond 4 lines into a max of
8mb/1mb its done at packet level using various networking tricks details
on the site if you really need to know.

They will also bond the lines at the headend if you ask them I dont
know if they use MLPPP to do that.  This way does allow you to
use the ISP's of your choice or technology.  They are very linux
friendly so I thought it was worth sharing.

ric
brucenetworks.com