[Wylug-discuss] [off-topic] Sony Vaio Spare parts

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed Mar 24 12:24:30 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 24 Mar 2004 10:04 am, Daniel Walker wrote:
> Does anyone have a knackered Sony Vaio R600-series? We've got one, but
> some muppet lost the HD mounting brackets and the HD->Mobo connector.
> Sony don't sell spare parts.
>
> Dan

Sorry Dan, can't help with the parts, but I'm hoping to get my hands on a new
one soon and was wondering what sort of experience you've had with it
regarding Linux.

It'll be coming pre-installed with XP, but I'll soon shrink that partition.
The idea is to dual-boot (probably Fedora depending on how it tries out on a
test box here) and have a VFat partition for file swapping.