[Wylug-discuss] Uptimes

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Mar 25 23:58:41 GMT 2004

James Holden <wylug at jamesholden.net> wrote:
> Does Jim still hold the uptime record, with his SBC? Anyone else got any
> impressive uptimes at the moment? Best I've got is 203 days, 15:58 hours.

I'm curious, what is the fascination Linux users have with high uptimes?
It's pretty self-evident that uptimes of Linux systems have little to do
with the OS itself (which can tick over pretty much indefinitely) and more
the environment the system is operated in (typically whether the power is
reliable and whether the owner mind it running all the time).

Why not just miss out the middleman and compare penis sizes directly?

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key