[Wylug-discuss] Uptimes

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Mar 26 14:53:02 GMT 2004

On Friday 26 March 2004 9:41 am, Rob Speed wrote:
> > > Why not just miss out the middleman and compare penis sizes directly?
> >
> > If comparing penis sizes is your thing, however, you may be better off
> > on a different mailing list. ;-) I'll forward you an email I got the
> > other week, claiming you need pumps or pills, if it'd be useful.
>
> Oh would you James - I'd be utterly grateful...
> (no - don't, please.)

They don't work anyway.........erm....... so I'ev been told!!!!!!!!

> Seriously though, we notice that we have to reboot the Windoze (TM)
> boxes we host on a regular basis.
> Whereas the only reason Linux boxen fail is down to hardware or
> mis-configuration.

This is not 100% accurate.  I have had one linux box that had to be rebooted
on a daily basis.  I used it to provide music-on-hold for our switchboard
using MP3's created by our local radio station and bespoke software.

If the box ran for >24 hours the audit out got stuffed.

That's the only time I've ever had a Linux box requiring reboots though.

> (Aside from patching/updating as we have to do for security reasons on the
> UK Shells platform.)
> (see http://www.uksolutions.co.uk/ukshells/uptimes.php if you're bothered)
>
> Incidently, this is probably going to be my last post for some time.
> I'm leaving UKS today - Peter Corlett's taking over from me (You really
> need to pass that driving
> test pretty sharpish Pete!)
>
> I'm jacking in the rat-race for a while and going travelling.

Good luck and enjoy yourself.  Remember, always know where your towel is!