[Wylug-discuss] UK Government policy on the use of OSS

Rob Sharp rob at quannum.co.uk
Fri Mar 26 18:43:15 GMT 2004

Hello

I received the email below from the Tayside LUG (my old group) and
thought it may be interesting to some of you...

"If no commercial or community shared exploitation route is used for
publicly funded R&D software an OSS default will apply. Licences
compliant with the OSI definition will be used. "

To me it makes sense that software developed with public money should be
~ made available to all, although this does open up some interesting
arguments security wise...

Rob.

http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/policydocs/consult_subject_document.asp?docnum=861

| Send your support/comment here:
| govtalk at e-envoy.gsi.gov.uk
|
| It'd be best I think if we can discuss the appropriate response first
in this forum - however
| don't let this to stop you from sending your comments to the address
above.

| Please also forward this email to all UK LUGs.
|

| Thanks,
| Harry
| --
| Kampanye open-source Indonesia - http://www.DariWindowsKeLinux.com
| Solusi canggih, bebas ikatan, dan bebas biaya

Rob Sharp