[Wylug-discuss] Re: SMTP standards (was Please confirm...)

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Mon Mar 29 09:48:10 BST 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 22:29, James Holden wrote:
> gARetH baBB wrote:
> That's "broken" too then. Nigels exim setup also does sender
> verification, which IMO is far more sensible than rejecting at the EHLO
> stage. joe at company.com still exists, even if postmaster at company.com is a
> clueless twerp (who's probably using MS Exchange).

It does reject a very limited range of stuff at HELO time - basically
anything where the sender is pretending to be the receiving machine.
There are levels of forgery where I really can't be bothered to be nice
about things.

	Nigel.